Long COVID and primary pain questions

Has anybody here treated their Long COVID or ME/CFS or other chronic illness using this approach? I’d definitely appreciate any tips specific to this condition as there is still a lot to be learned about it and it’s hard to think of pain comes from the brain when I know there have been people with organ damage, etc. or other problems. I also have POTS and MCAS from COVID so I’d love to hear those stories as well. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi! I’m sorry you are dealing with all that. Yes they have! This Might Hurt has some great recovery stories (Long Covid — Neuroplastic & Mind-Body Resources — This Might Hurt) and I’ve worked with a few people to retrain their lungs and vagus nerve to feel better. My symptoms started after a virus I had in high school and would be classified as post viral syndrome nowadays, I used to have MCAS and fibromyalgia/CFS and no longer do. There’s hope! Hang in there. :hugs: There’s also a gal on instagram named Jen @jcamylee who healed herself from long covid/POTS/MCAS/ME/CFS. Keep looking for answers and having hope! I know you will find what you need. Good luck and keep us posted!!

Hi! Yes, this approach is absolutely relevant for long COVID. There is currently a clinical trial underway testing this at Beth Deaconness hospital, headed by Michael Donnino. And a paper just came out finding basically no differences from a medical/organic perspective between people with and without long COVID, suggesting that mind/brain processes are a likely cause of persistent symptoms: Long COVID's underlying causes still elusive in new study : Shots - Health News : NPR

try some of these techniques out on your symptoms and let us know how it goes!! Yoni

Just to follow up on what Shannon and Yoni shared on here, a patient of mine had great success with curing her long-COVID syndrome (fatigue, headaches, muscle pain) using this approach of nervous system regulation (breathing, vagus nerve exercise) and re-exposure to activities and hobbies she was avoiding because of her symptoms. There’s a lot of fear around long-COVID, and we know that fear can exacerbate and perpetuate symptoms in post-viral syndromes. So I’m very pro-mindbody approaches for this particular condition :slight_smile: